LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why DAQmx Nsamples mode does not work?

I just a set of NI DAQ devices (PXIe1085 and PXIe4303). I tried to fetch N sample data points at defined sampling frequency. But there is an hardware error message always occurred. The error message does not specify which part of hardware does not work. Only one sample (on demand) mode works for me

Is there is any setting or accessory missing? Or is the hardware is broken? I'll appreciate any inputs that can fix this problem.1.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,337 Views)

Are you seeing this error when you run a Test Panel in MAX?  Is this only happening when you run some (invisible) LabVIEW Code that utilizes the Dreaded DAQ Assistant?  If the latter, then maybe there's a problem with your code -- if so, we stand a much better chance of spotting the problem if you attach your code.  [Do not attach a picture of the Block Diagram -- attach the actual VI or VIs].

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,311 Views)

Thanks for your response!

I tried both NI MAX and LabView. None of them work under 'N samples' or 'continuous mode'. But when I connected my PC to another DAQ setup, PXIe-1073, 'N samples' and 'continuous'  mode work perfectly fine then. It seems to me the PXIe-8360 MXI-Express in my nonfunctional setup has hardware issue. 

What should I do then if the hardware likely has the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,302 Views)

I agree that it might be the hardware.  Way outside my area of expertise.  Are there skilled Electronics people around you that could test the instruments?  Have you called NI and asked their advice?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,296 Views)

Not yet. I am going to call them tomorrow. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,287 Views)