cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While loop gets stuck for 15 seconds

Solved!
Go to solution

CDuck_0-1624036273641.png

This while loop shown in the picture above measures a run time of less than 1 second from probe 11 to 13.  However after that it just sits there for 15 seconds before running again.  This only happens when test length is long, there is a correlation there. I don't understand how the loop can just sit there doing nothing for 15 seconds though when there is nothing left to execute.

----------------------------------------------------
Studying for CLA.
LabVIEW, inherit from social media habits!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(879 Views)

Is there something underneath your while loop? Looks like some mystery wires on the right side without tunnels.

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(847 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CDuck

It likely isn't trying to execute the "Idle" case that you happen to be displaying.  You don't have a probe on the case selection string to let you know which case might be executing instead.  And because you posted only a picture instead of the vi, no one can inspect the other cases.

-Kevin P 

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(842 Views)

Someone delete this thread 😂  I was mistaken for trying to measure the time with my probes..... Yes it does indeed take 15 seconds to run the case now that I put date/time sequences down.  I guess the issue does not come down to mysterious magic after all.....

----------------------------------------------------
Studying for CLA.
LabVIEW, inherit from social media habits!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(836 Views)