LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where does NI hide the full list of bug fixes? and why is it hidden from users?

So I get an enticing email begging me to try the august 2009 release of LabVIEW. Ok. I'm twitching with anticipation. I'd like to know if several specific bugs are fixed in a new release of a specific module, however. Otherwise I'd prefer to install it some other time when I'm not busy writing dlls to compensate for the bugs that I hope are now fixed. I've been clicking in circles on the NI website trying to find complete information regarding changes and as is entirely far too typical of NI, I only have access to an anemic, watered down version of what should be proper documentation.

"LabVIEW Readme—Use this file to learn important last-minute information about LabVIEW, including installation and upgrade issues, compatibility issues, a partial list of bugs fixed in the current version of LabVIEW... bla bla bla"

Where is the full list of bug fixes? I don't care if it isn't spellchecked or if it's sloppy; I just want the information. The readme you provide for the specific module I'm interested in is ridiculously small. I know darned well you must have changed more than what is listed. So what secret vault do I have to burgle to find the full list of bug fixes? Am I just missing an obvious hyperlink?

- mushroomed

Message Edited by Root Canal on 08-11-2009 11:29 AM

global variables make robots angry

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,023 Views)
Please check this. Hope this helps Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,011 Views)

Root Canal wrote:

Where is the full list of bug fixes? ...

They are locked-up in the Ivory Tower.

I have been a LabVIEW Champion for about four years and even after signing NDA's I still can't see the full list.

Seruously, the full list includes probably millions of bugs that NI finds internally before you and I ever see it.

The best way to handle your situation is to track the CAR's for your bugs. You can call NI support with the CAR number and they can tell you if the bug was fixed and in which version you will find the fix.

If it has not been fixed you can contact you rlocal NI rep and ask them to look into it for you. They may be able to tell you in which release the fix is scheduled and bump up the priority of the fix if you make a good arguement.

Just trying to help,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,009 Views)

Nitin- are bug fixes for all modules listed on that page or is this found elsewhere?

- root

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,987 Views)
I'm not sure of that currently. Let me know if you have any particular module in your mind, I'll see if there is any separate bug fix list for it. At one glance it seems to me that all the bug fixes in all the modules are mentioned in this list. Atleast this list has those bugs that were reported by the customers.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,972 Views)
Thanks, Nitin. That's a decent list- I'm interested seeing what bugs have been fixed in the Vision module.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,958 Views)
I'm sorry but I haven't found a specific bug fix list for the Vision Module. But if I do, I'll keep you posted on it.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,915 Views)