LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I download "Vision Remote Panel Engine"

Hi,

I'd like to be able to view a Real-Time application on a remote computer (without LabVIEW installed). I've installed LabVIEW RunTime 8.5.1 and the image that I display (on the web server) in the VI is always black. I found this post: http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=115188&query.id=35023#M115188 which has the same problem as mine and in a reply they send me to a Knowledge page: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/9286727047B6736086256D5D00781BB2?OpenDocument

In this page, it says that I need to download Vision Remote Panel Engine (which is free) to be able to display the image that I acquire with my smart camera 1722. Where can I download this? I don't want to download Vision Runtime because it's not free..

Thank you for your help

Stephanie 
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,646 Views)

Hi Stephanie,

i understand the fourth point in the way, that you have to download it if you call the subvi over the explorer. Maybe they install something from the computer where the vi si running. I don´t think you have to download it before.

Hope it helps.
Mike

Message Edited by MikeS81 on 07-08-2008 04:32 PM
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,632 Views)
Hi Mike,

So you mean that I only need to install LabView runtime and I'm supposed to see the image that I acquire in the Image Display?
My problem is that I see the indicator, but the image is always black. I guess I miss something. In the second link I gave, in the related link, it refers to Vision Acquisition Software download. I'm installing it right now. Hope  it's gonna solve my problem.

I never get a prompt message when I was in the web browser and I'm not even connected on the internet (I'm only connected to the smart camera and I have a fixed IP address).

Let's see if I see something with Vision Acquisition Software...

Thank you

Stephanie
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,622 Views)

It's working after installing Vision Acquisition Software... but unfortunatly it's not free.

That would be great to have something free...especially if we don't want to use LabVIEW on a computer (only see the VI with web publisher).

Thank you again for your help

Stephanie

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,617 Views)
Hi Stephanie,
on which pc did you install it? On the real time pc?
Mike
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,602 Views)

I use the smart camera as a real-time target (there's a .rtexe in one of the folder in the camera). I've created the application with a computer that have LabVIEW, Vision, Real-Time, etc installed. I wanted to see the image from the application that runs inside the smartcam.

I've installed LabVIEW runtime and Vision Acquisition Software in a computer that doesn't have LabVIEW installed. So now I can see the image with Web Publishing (In a web browser).

Hope I'm clear enough lol sorry for my bad english

Stephanie

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,596 Views)