cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What .vi needs, include...

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

Let's say I have one .vi in some folder. Is there any option in LV to show me lost of which all .vi call my .vi. I must know that because if I move for example this .vi, it will searching for missing .vi....

thanks

(2,474 Views)

You can find callers within a project. There is no way to do that outside of a project.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,471 Views)

so if I don't have it as "project"(just main .vi) then I can't know what is included?

(2,469 Views)

View>>VI Hierarchy

Play with it some lots of good things to look atSmiley Wink  very nice for finding callees-

Finding all callers takes a different, but simillar, approach

Without a "Project" you need some other structure that holds all your vis so you can browse relationships.  This is commonly called a "Tree.vi" by viewing the heirarchy of  Each Tree.vi (Or, I once saw a "Forest.vi"- it had a lot of Trees in itSmiley Wink) you can find all callers within any "Scope" or "Tree"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 6
(2,464 Views)

You need a project if you want to find "callers" of a VI. If you want to see "callees" you can use the view hierarchy.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

Message 5 of 6
(2,456 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author hlod

There's also the Save As... -> Duplicate Hierarchy option, which will copy everything that your VI requires into another directory, maintaining the relative directory structure.

Message 6 of 6
(2,455 Views)