From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What version of SQL Server does the NI DSC Module 2022 support?

Hi guys. I was searching in the internet but could find information only about NI DSC 2020 which supports SQL Server Express 2012.

My question what version does the NI DSC 2022 support?

Thanks in advance.

Gevorg 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(1,647 Views)

Hi GevorgParsyan

Based on the Release Notes for the LabVIEW Datalogging and Supervisory Control Module, it appears that "NI did not create this content for this release". Therefore, it is likely that there will not be any additional information available on this topic.

According to my knowledge, the SQL Server Express component is typically installed by default when the DSC Module is installed. I have also confirmed that by installing the LabVIEW DSC 2022 version and checking the version of SQL Server Express in the control panel under Programs and Features, it is SQL Server Express 2012 version. So, it can be concluded that LabVIEW DSC 2022 supports SQL Server Express 2012 version.

Regards) 

________

The best way to show appreciation for someone's help is to give them Kudos or mark their response as a solution.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(1,572 Views)

Hi @I.hovs,

Thank you for the response. The thing is that I have a Windows Server 2019, and I installed DSC 2020 on it (which also installs SQL server 2012). However, after the installation I don't see any SQL Server 2012 installed, and later it appeared that the SQL Server 2012 is not compatible with Windows Server 2019, and the latest windows server that it's compatible with is Windows Server 2012. I even tried to explicitly install SQL Server 2012 on the windows server 2019 and wouldn't do it.

Just wondering why does NI is still using a version of SQL Server that is end-of-life already. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(1,557 Views)

Luckily, I found that only SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 4 is compatible with Windows Server 2019. This means that you must apply SQL Server 2012 Service Pack 4 or a later update to make them compatible.

You can check the version compatibilities on this link.

Regards) 

________

The best way to show appreciation for someone's help is to give them Kudos or mark their response as a solution.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(1,542 Views)

Thanks I.hovs,

I will give it a try. And let you know about the results.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(1,533 Views)

I.hovs, I just wanted to ask another related question. Is the DSC 2022 compatible with LabVIEW 2020? Or I have to install LV 2022 as well?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(1,522 Views)

It can be difficult to determine the compatibility of those versions, without more information. However, it is generally recommended to use the same version of LabVIEW and its add-ons for a project to ensure full compatibility and to avoid potential issues.

Note  The DSC Module is compatible with LabVIEW (32-bit) only. Therefore, you must have LabVIEW (32-bit) installed even if you use a 64-bit OS.

Regards) 

________

The best way to show appreciation for someone's help is to give them Kudos or mark their response as a solution.

Regards)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(1,517 Views)

Thank I.hovs,

I could install the SQL Server 2012 Express on my computer (windows server 2019).

But seems it is not linked to NI CITADEL database. Even the Alarm & Event Query VI returns an error (-1967386611) when I try to get the alarms and events for my shared variables.

I tried to reinstall the DSC Module, but it didn't help. The only thing that I'm thinking of is that maybe the DSC 2020 is not compatible with SQL Server 2012 SP4.

FYI, I have a similar setup on a windows 10 computer, and works perfectly.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(1,428 Views)

Thanks I.hovs,

I could install the SQL Server 2012 Express SP4. But seems it is not linked to the NI CIATDEL database. The shared variable engine does not log the alarms and events. And when I try to read the historical alarms and events, it returns an error stating that the database is not configured for logging into a relational database.

The only possibility that I'm thinking about is that maybe the DSC 2020 is not compatible with the SQL Server 2012 SP4.

FYI, I have the same setup on another computer but with Windows 10, and it works perfectly.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(1,503 Views)

Hi GevorgParsyan

This document states that LabVIEW DSC 2022 is compatible with SQL Server 2012 Express SP4. Below I have attached the picture. 

lhovs_0-1674795485792.png

You can be sure that compatibility issues are not the cause of the problem and I have found a solution for the error '-1967386611' which occurred while reading the historical alarms and events. 

Refer to the article I have linked for a solution to the issue.

Regards) 

________

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(1,477 Views)