LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What version of DAQ or DAQmx should I use to fix "1easyio" problem?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there,

This is my first post and I just started to learn labview this afternoon, so please don't laugh at me if my question sounds too stupid 🙂

Situation:

I'm trying to run some old programs on a new computer. The platform on this computer is labview2017. When loading a program, I saw a message saying "loading <vilib>:\Daq\1easyio.llb\AI Acquire Waveforms (scaled array).vi". I then opened "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\vi.lib\DAQmx" to look for this vi, but failed. 

I checked the old computer from which I copied this program, under "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\vi.lib\Daq" directory, I can find this "1easyio" and a few other vis. the platform on old computer is labview2009, and my program runs without any problem.

My question:

Can I update my new computer so that I can run this program on it? What packages should I download, and what versions?

I searched in this forum a few times, but only got even more confused. Please kindly help me.

Thank you for any hints,

X

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,004 Views)

NI-DAQ library was replaced by DAQmx a few years ago and some older hardware are not compatible with the new DAQmx. Is the OS the same on the old and the new computer? I'm not sure but I don't think the Traditional DAQ driver will work on Windows versions more recent than XP.

You should consider rewriting the code using DAQmx, it is a lot simpler to use than the old DAQ driver.

Ben64

Message 2 of 7
(2,986 Views)

You need the traditional NI-DAQ drivers. They will only work on a 32bit OS and will not work if you have 64bit Windows 7.

Message 3 of 7
(2,982 Views)

First, thanks with kudos! Your answer is very helpful.

The new computer is 64-bit system, so I guess traditional DAQ won't work. I guess I will have to rewrite hundreds of such programs...omg I just started learning labview this afternoon! What a challenging homework Smiley Sad

Do you happen to know a tutorial I can follow? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,954 Views)

Thank you so much for helping me! Smiley Happy

Since my new computer is 64-bit, I guess the only choice left for me is to rewrite all the programs so that they call DAQmx files, instead of DAQ files. As for this, I have no clue. Could you give me some suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,950 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rosinefish

rosinefish wrote:

Do you happen to know a tutorial I can follow? 

3 Hour Introduction
6 Hour Introduction
LabVEW Basics
Self Paced training for students
Self Paced training beginner to advanced, SSP Required
LabVIEW Wiki on Training
Learning NI
Getting Started with NI Products

For DAQmx, start here: Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx and Handle 80 Percent of Your Data Acquisition Applications

And to help with your conversion, here is a stripped out version of Traditional DAQ I made: Traditional DAQ API

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 6 of 7
(2,913 Views)

Thank you for these helpful resources! This is great!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,904 Views)