LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's equivalent data type I can use to link to the variable to Boolean Input for dll written in C language?

I used Labview "Call Library By  Node" to link a function namely A function from a dll written in C language. The A function prototype as below:

I16 __stdcall A(U16 X1, UCHAR X2, UCHAR X3,BOOLEAN *X4, BOOLEAN *X5, U16 *X6, U32 *X7);

There's no boolean type for me to assign to X4 and X5 variable. Please help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,102 Views)

Hi

you can use the 'Adatpt to Type' setting as current parameter type, in the dll function prototype and wire a boolean constant on the input of the terminal.

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,099 Views)

If I used "Adapt To Type", then what's the data format I should use? There are options "Handles by Value", "Pointer to Handles", "Array Data Pointer" and "Interface to Data".

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,090 Views)

Hi

I missed one thing in your original post, that the dll function has boolean pointers. since i have not worked with pointers as dll parameters, i cannot tell you which one is the correct option.

but, i would play around with the available options and see which one works.

Regards
Freelance_LV
TestAutomation Consultant
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,083 Views)

The "Adapt to Type" suggestion makes this more complicated than necessary.  Just replace it with a byte (which happens to be how LabVIEW represents a boolean as well), per the Windows Data Types documentation.  Note that in Windows, BOOL and BOOLEAN are different sizes (thanks, Microsoft!).

EDIT: in case it wasn't obvious, since your function parameters are pointers, the appropriate LabVIEW configuration is a U8 (or I8) passed by reference.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,080 Views)