LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is wrong with the DAQ 6221

Hello!

I was able to set my program to aquire the max voltage and P2P values, thank for the helpers.

Now, I have a very specific issue with the NI-DAQ 6221, it seems that when I stream the data to the amplitude and measurments VI and try to get the P2P, I get "0" (not boolian, a 0 value of the P2P) while getting 2V on the Max voltage. (dosen't make sense)

I looked into the belly of the amplitude and measurments VI and ran a debug, and noticed that it subtcates the max voltage from the minimum voltage to get the P2P, and that it recieves identical values in both Max voltage and Min voltage.  

I have examined this further, and placed a program generated sin signal instead of the DAQ, and it works as it should, giving me the max voltage as I specify and P2P normally.

I use a signal generator that connects the scb-68 connector board, if this info will help in finding a solution.

Has anyone encountered this problem? do you know it's source and how to solve it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,407 Views)
Why don't you make it easier for everyone and just post the code. I'm confused by what you are saying. What does 'subtcates' mean? and what is 'ran a debug'?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,391 Views)

I think he meant to type 'subtracts'.  In any case if your canned sin wave data is working it must be a problem with the data coming in from the DAQ.  Probe it or set up an indicator (graph) to view it before it goes into the measurement VI.  You probably have a DAQ parameter configured wrong.

As Dennis said, posting your code will help us help you.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,374 Views)

If your max and min values are the same, it means you are sending (or acquiring) a DC voltage.  Use an oscilloscope to verify the signal.  Also, you could have the min and max input settings to the DAQ Read vi wrong.  For instance, if you are reading a signal that goes from -5v to 0v, and you set your inputs as max voltage=5 and min voltage=0, you will never read the -5v level.  Hence, your max read will be 0 and your min read will be forced to 0 because your input range was set wrong.  I hope this makes sense.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,347 Views)