LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is general step to build NXG application?

Solved!
Go to solution

When I would like to develop an application which will be built to executable, adding gcomp into project is required step.

Let's assume there are two VIs, "Sub.gvi" which is called from "MAIN.gvi".

To build the application, both VIs should be placed in gcomp. If Sub.gvi is not placed, NXG returns dependency error.

This situation tells us that if we want to create executable, all VIs should be placed in gcomp.

• At NXG development, "creating gcomp as 1st step and then create new VI in gcomp" is general and proper step?
  • When we want to create multiple gcomp in one project, how can we manage a place of VIs? Is it forbidden? I couldn't do that.
  • To clarify main VI and sub VI, adding namesmace in gcomp is proper? NXG doesn't have Virtual Folder.

I want to know Best Practice for application distribution.

Certified LabVIEW Developer
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,161 Views)

I've watched online training "LabVIEW NXG Core 2: Create User-Driven Applications" but it didn't mention the question.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,159 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tepig

Hi ,

Did you see these articles in the LabVIEW NXG manual?

http://www.ni.com/documentation/en/labview/4.0/application-builder/componentize-application/

http://www.ni.com/documentation/en/labview/4.0/application-builder/code-dependency-guidelines/

To answer a few of your questions:

• At NXG development, "creating gcomp as 1st step and then create new VI in gcomp" is general and proper step? Yes, All VIs should be in components in NXG.
  • When we want to create multiple gcomp in one project, how can we manage a place of VIs? Is it forbidden? I couldn't do that. You can create multiple components for different functions and call those VIs in your main VI (in your main Application Components)
  • To clarify main VI and sub VI, adding namesmace in gcomp is proper? NXG doesn't have Virtual Folder. Yes, a namespace is a container used to organize files into logical groups. Using them to organize a main VI and sub VI in a component is a perfect use.

Thanks,

Frank

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,019 Views)

Thank you fblerg!

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,992 Views)