LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATM application

I have done labview application using queues for validating a single user name and password.

Now I need to validate multiple users name and password using file I/O operations. As soon as user enters credentials my application need to be such that it should accept user input and search the entered credentials in a file and should validate if the file contains the entered credentials.

Message 1 of 5
(2,111 Views)

Hi Sahan,

Sahan@123 wrote:

I have done labview application using queues for validating a single user name and password.

Now I need to validate multiple users name and password using file I/O operations. As soon as user enters credentials my application need to be such that it should accept user input and search the entered credentials in a file and should validate if the file contains the entered credentials.

I don't see any question in your message, so I guess you just restated your requirements.

When you need to fulfill these requirements then you need to code a VI…

On your "LabVIEW application": it's a very bad idea to delete the label of frontpanel elements!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(2,075 Views)

thank you. I know that I need to code VI using file I/O to validate multiple users. As I am new to labview i am searching how to code using file I/O so that anyone here can help me  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,979 Views)

Hi sahan,

start with a simple spreadsheet (aka CSV file aka delimited text file) with two columns, one for user names, one for password.

Then search for username in the first column. Use found index to index the password from 2nd column and compare with user input.

Keep in mind this is a very basic approach which provides no security/encryption at all...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,968 Views)

okay thank you i will try it out

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,963 Views)