LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Call Library Node problem...

Hi,

I am getting the following error message. Please guide me. 

ERROR MESSAGE =  Error 7 Call Library Function Node

SOLUTION = ?

Initially, I was getting similar error message called Error 8 Call Library Function Node

I am using Texas Instrument Data  Collector EVM software executable called HSDC PRO to evaluate Texas Instruments Analog components including AFE58JD32EVM ADC through TSW1400EVM Data Collector using HSDC PRO GUI software which includes NI (National Instrument LABVIEW library functions )

For this LABVIEW related error message, What can we do?

Thanks and best regards,

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,196 Views)

Did it occur to you that attaching your VI (not a picture of the VI, but the VI file, with extension .vi, itself) would provide us more information as to the origin of the Error than a picture of the Error Message?

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,172 Views)

Hi, 

The VI is missing.  The program is an executable (*.exe) GUI. When we run the GUI, This error message shows up. We don't have the source code of the GUI only (*.exe) file. The GUI (*.exe) is generated with using LABVIEW files. 

Second, I also noticed that some links recommends to add  .NET Framework 3.5 ( including .NETWORK 3 and 2 ). Is there any dependency of LabVIEW files for .NET Framework. For example, once we receive an executable generated with LABVIEW files, how can we know dependencies such as .NET Frameworks? Or am I missing something. 

@Bob_Schor wrote:

Did it occur to you that attaching your VI (not a picture of the VI, but the VI file, with extension .vi, itself) would provide us more information as to the origin of the Error than a picture of the Error Message?

Bob Schor

Thanks and best regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,162 Views)

LabVIEW does NOT need .Net (until now). Some DLL your program might use MIGHT need .Net, but installing randomly .Net versions to solve LabVIEW problems, just because it did help som other poor soul is similar to shooting randomly in the air and hoping to shoot a duck. You might, but more likely you will shoot an innocent bystander!

It is the responsibility of the application developer to create an installer that takes care of all dependencies, and/or document any additional dependencies that are needed. Only he knows which DLLs he has used in his program and what dependencies they might have, especially since different versions of such a DLL might have different dependencies, so just googling dlllxyz.dll and taking whatever dependencies some usually not so knowledgeable user has found by accident to fix a problem is seldom the right thing.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,131 Views)