Did you mean: 

Websocket Client

LV 2014 Version

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(2,278 Views)

Paul,

Thank you so much for releasing your vi for lv2014!!!

I noticed that to be able to run the "SingleConnection.vi" example (only test vi in the package)  I had to dig your previous updaloaded zipped file because it contains the "Test Client Folder". after running index.html after running the vi, everything worked as predicted!!!

One question in regards to this folder, it contains another vi: "WebSocket Client Example.vi", is that one any different from "SingleConnection.vi" ... if it isn't, would it be difficult / to much to ask / if you could also save it for a previous version lv2014???

My goal is to utilize this tool to test Intel's Edison Node and MRAA functionality.... Networking is a new territory for me, this will be of great assistance!

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(2,273 Views)

Here it is.  Needs relinking.  Have fun.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(2,245 Views)

Can you please share here websocket client and remote server.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(1,201 Views)

@srikanthav wrote:

Can you please share here websocket client and remote server.

I've already shared everything I have.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(1,188 Views)

I am very new to Labview, maybe some 2days old in this, so can you please tell steps how to download your code and run it in labview.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(1,176 Views)

It would be wasted time. You need at the very least some weeks (probably months if you are new to programming) to exercise yourself with the basics of LabVIEW. See for example https://labviewwiki.org/wiki/Training

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(1,168 Views)
This client websocket does not work for external servers. I spent hours trying to fix this code, but it's really bad. National also does not have any client WebSocket libraries. Unfortunate...
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(713 Views)

https://www.mediamongrels.com/version-2-0-of-the-labview-websockets-api-now-available/

This version doesn't work either. The code has some weird things, I can't understand. The developer claims that it was developed and tested only on a local machine, without external access. The client function only works with its own server, it does not work with an external server. The code doesn't do much. National removed other example websockets, and nothing is left working.

Daniel_Sam_0-1651701031766.png

This version doesn't work either. The code has some weird things, I can't understand. The developer claims that it was developed and tested only on a local machine, without external access. The client function only works with its own server, it does not work with an external server. The code doesn't do much. National removed other example websockets, and nothing is left working.

Daniel_Sam_1-1651701056629.png

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(709 Views)

@Daniel_Sam wrote:

https://www.mediamongrels.com/version-2-0-of-the-labview-websockets-api-now-available/

I'll immediately being converting those 'weird things that you can't understand' into weird things that you can understand' (just as soon as I finish inventing my brain-reading gizmo and point it at your head).

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(696 Views)