LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website testing with Labview

Good Morning all,

I was wondering if any of you have ever used LabView for website validation and testing?

I've used the HMTL read function, from a specific URL and managed to parse information and display;

e.g.

BBC wetaher, locate the weather for London - and extract the Min > Max Temperatures and day information and display on LabView.

What I have not been able to do is find a way to enter data into fileds.

What I want to do is 'Login' with an email and password then verify the page has loaded. I Also want to click on buttons as well.

I know that a combination of Selenium and Python is the prefered method - but  wanted to try and keep the whole thing Labview based.

Thanks in Advance,

James

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,897 Views)

After more searching I have found this thread:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-to-fill-out-and-submit-a-web-form-using-LabVIEW/m-p/289527

enough to get me started........ more help would be welcomed though

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,892 Views)

On Windows, you could use the .NET embedded browser and use its properties and methods to interact with the page. You can see an example here - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Mouse-event-in-embedded-internet-explorer/m-p/2853440#M832224

(3,874 Views)

Thanks I will have a try...

So you think it would be possible to run Web data entry and validation tests with Labview then?

Gives me an area to look at now.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,833 Views)

@Stigwood wrote:

So you think it would be possible to run Web data entry and validation tests with Labview then?

No idea. The example linked to in the previous post is roughly the extent of my knowledge on the topic. I know that you can find named elements and interact with them and that you can use the event shown there to know when the page loaded, which I suppose you can then parse and check, but I have no idea what limitations there are on it and I don't know what kind of testing is usually done on sites.

(3,807 Views)