LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Server Configuration

Solved!
Go to solution

I have Labview 2011 SP1 running under windows XP. We have Microsoft Silverlight 4.1.10329.0 installed by our IT organization. Under Labview Project Explorer,Under Tools->Options->Web Server the Web Server Application Server is grayed out.

Is there a special Something I need to update or buy to enable Web Application Server.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(4,724 Views)

Hi Joseph

The Application Web Server runs as an independent system service. Have you checked to see if it's running on your machine? You can do so by launching the system services configuration utility (Click Start, type 'services.msc' and hit enter). Scroll down to look for 'NI Application Web Server' and make sure that the service status is 'started' and set to automatically start at boot.

Let me know if this helps

It appears that this issue occurs for some people when upgrading from LV2010 to LV2011 or taking some other action which could cause the LabVIEW environment to become corrupted. If you're unable to start the service manually then you will likely need to repair your LabVIEW installation.

Kind regards

Chris | Applications Engineer NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(4,714 Views)

Sorry, I did not notice you replied. I check the application and it says Started and set as automatic.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(4,687 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Joseph_Loo

Hi Joseph_Loo

Have you tried repairing or reinstalling LabVIEW?

Regards,

Kaitlin N.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(4,669 Views)

I do not do upgrades. I unistall labview and re-install Laview. All previous versions are wiped out.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(4,660 Views)

@Joseph_Loo wrote:

I do not do upgrades. I unistall labview and re-install Laview. All previous versions are wiped out.

Can you explan the meaning of this statement?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(4,658 Views)

I go to Control Panel->Add/Remove Program Delete - Uninstall NI

Run the program for NI and Install the new version.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(4,636 Views)

Hi Hicksc,

I have the same problem as stated above, also done everything you have said but it didn't work for me. I uploaded some snap so that you better understand the problem.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(4,446 Views)

Do you have admin privileges?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(4,427 Views)

yes

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(4,405 Views)