From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Way to monitor vi current status?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have the problem that I have a .vi that was working just fine..then I started messing with the code, and now it gets stuck and doesn't finish the operation that was working.  I have tried, but cannot find the problem.  Is there a way to monitor the current operation that Labview is doing at a given moment? (other than breakpoints).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,432 Views)

Turn on Highlight execution, the lightbulb on the block diagram toolbar.  You can also use the probe tools (watch window) to monitor specific lines as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,431 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author John Roehling

You can use my Abort.vi to see which VIs are running.  It'll give you the option to close them, but you can use it just to see what's going on.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,411 Views)

Thanks to both of you. Very helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,389 Views)

Then you should mark Jim's or Moreese's message as the solution to your problem rather than your own thank you message.  Go to the options menu to the upper right of your message and Unmark as Solution.  Then you can properly go to one of their messages and mark it as the solution.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,380 Views)

Thank you for pointing that out. I clicked the wrong message.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,373 Views)