LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform graph missing data

I am serial reading data from an xbee, and graphing it overtime. My graph appears that it is missing data., but I am not sure how, my baud rate is the same on the xbee and in labview.

Thanks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,901 Views)

You have OS P.C.?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,873 Views)

Yes, windows 7 64 bit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,864 Views)

Your graph looks like there are zero values being plotted.  Is it possible that you are plotting "faster" than you are acquiring data?  For example, if you get data at 50 points/second but plot at 100 points/second, every other time you want to plot something you will have no data, which might give you a result of 0.  I notice that you have a "number of bytes read", but what happens if this is 0?  Maybe test for this condition and skip plotting the (non-existent) point.

Bob Schor

Message 4 of 11
(3,854 Views)

You have Win 7 64 Bit PRO or ULTIMATE (Not runing STARTER or HOME BASIC .....)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,844 Views)

Windows 7 64bit Professional. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,821 Views)

I have no idea what all of the questions about your OS are supposed to be for. I would suggest you try Bob's suggestion.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,812 Views)

I was wondering the same thing.  I havn't been able to find anything about a sampling rate on a waveform, is it as simple as putting in a delay?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,807 Views)

What I was talking about was not doing a read/conversion if the number of bytes is 0.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,803 Views)

Hello, I am new to Labview and I am actually running into the same problem. I have a number of bytes read funtion as well and my waveform runs from max voltage (3.3V) to 0 continuously. It s suppose to be an EMG single, so overtime you flex your muscle, there is suppose to be a spike in the waveform signal. I was wondering if you would give an example or a sample vi. to show what you mean by "Maybe test for this condition and skip plotting the (non-existent) point". 

Please Help. I have tried EVERYTHING but no success.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,521 Views)