LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Graph trigger

I have a Labview 'read IQ' function reading a digitiser that is sending data to a Labview 'wavefrom graph' in a while loop. I can see the continuous analogue waveform but it scrolls slowly across the 'waveform graph'. On a real oscilloscope I can just set the trigger level to hold the waveform still; how can I get the Labview 'waveform graph' to hold the continuous analogue waveform still as there is no trigger level function that I know off, or should I be using another type of Labview graph/method?

Labview 11

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,762 Views)

You can use a case structure and place the waveform graph inside.

This case structure can be controlled by a simple boolean control or you can compare if the value is greater than a setpoint,

bool_trigger.PNG

Guilherme Correa
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,736 Views)

With that case structure the waveform either freezes (or disappears) when the incoming waveform is below the threshold level. Above the threshold level then there would be a snapshot. What I wanted was a method that would behave more like a traditional scope, where the waveform appears continuous but holds on the peak of the incoming waveform rather than scrole of the screen.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,682 Views)