LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Location of VI on Web Page

Hi,

I am using remote web server to view my main VI from a real time target (cDAQ 9132).  The project is set up to correctly display the VI when deployed to the cDAQ on its LCD display with no borders and always sets it locatio correctly.

However, when I create a web page of my main VI it ends up in the wrong place on the screen.  It seems to correspond to where the VI was displayed when I last saved it!

Any ideas how to set the display location of a VI on a web page?  In the HTML maybe? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,694 Views)

How are you setting correctly the display of the VI? 

Since you are using a real time target you could be experiencing issues explained on this document: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/B70B959BF294570786256D0A006A34A7?OpenDocument. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,626 Views)

The application position is set both in the build specification and in code.  The one in code is only set once in startup and sets the origin position.  The build specification sets the screen size and turns off all menus etc.  On the RT target the VI fills the full screen perfectly.  But when logging in remotely, the VI displays in the position is was in when the the application was built.

The link you mentioned is broken, could you please repost it?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,605 Views)

hey ashesman1,

If you change the location of the screen does it change at all while logging in remotely? Or does it always just show up in the position it was in when the application was built?

Regards,

ShaneK

Applications Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,572 Views)

I cant really change screen location.  The UI does not have any way to do that.  It is a full screen with no buttons or borders when it is running.  The UI locates the VI where it needs it, but I think when remoting in it does not necessarily use the size and position properties of the VI as it is currently running, but instead those of how it was deployed to the cDAQ!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,565 Views)

Hi 

This is the link I provided before: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/B70B959BF294570786256D0A006A34A7?OpenDocument

The problem was that there's a period at the end of it, so you could not open it. 

Please let us know if this was helpful to you. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,553 Views)