From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Display

Solved!
Go to solution

I have the driver for the scope installed properly now.  Since I only have the trial version I do not have an instrument drivers DVD.  Hopefully that was included in the file I downloaded.  What do I need to do to display the waveform using the fetch waveform.vi?  Do I just put the vi on the block diagram and attach it to a waveform graph?

We have a vi that we use to display some settings such as rise and Vmax.  Would it be better to modify that vi to make it show the waveform as well or just make a new vi?  Attached below.  This vi runs well on our computer.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(668 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Xsis

Brian,

You could go either way.  Simplest looks to be to modify the existing and add the Fetch Waveform inside the loop.  You are also correct that you should be able to just drop the Fetch Waveform VI, give it the correct channel input value, and attach it to a Waveform Graph on the front panel.

Let me know if you get it working.  If not, post your vi with the changes and we will figure out why.

Troy
Message 22 of 25
(666 Views)

Voila!  Now it works!  I just added the fetch waveform and graph into our VI we already have and now it displays the waveform!  Thanks so much!

Brian

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 25
(663 Views)

Just a footnote:  not sure if the "Stage 3" and the programming commands before it are needed.  Maybe all we need is the fetch waveform vi and the serial port setup info?

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 25
(653 Views)

Great!  Glad to hear its working as you need.  Definately let us know if there is anything else you need help with. 

I think you have it OK.  Looking at it, i am also not sure if you needed to add the Stage 3 state, but until you are completely clear with what you are doing, if it works, I'd leave it for now.

I can see that for sure some cleanup could happen, and it would make the code a bit neater, but again, the old saying, if it ain't broke...

Troy
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(643 Views)