cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Data to Excel Spreadsheet

Solved!
Go to solution

Good afternoon, 

I have written a vi that takes data from an input and writes an output based on this input. This data is graphed in a waveform graph. I then go to the front panel and manually export the data from the waveform graph to an excel spreadsheet by right clicking on the waveform graph and selecting 'export' ~>'export data to excel'. 

I was wondering if there was a better way to export the data from this waveform graph that did not involve manually saving it each time. I tried using a 'Write to Measurements File' vi, but the time format is wrong each time. 

The vi is attached below. 

Any suggestions on how to fix this? 

Best, 

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,886 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael.D

You can use the invoke node to do the same thing. Right click on graph >> create >> invoke node >> export data to Excel.

If you don't want the Excel window to pop up, I would just use write to delimited spreadsheet. You can get your time points from t0 and dt of your waveform.

Message 2 of 4
(4,877 Views)

You can invoke the 'export data to excel' method programmatically so you don't have to do it manually.

Check out the 'Export to Excel Right-Click Menu' section of this link.

EDIT:

See post above by gregoryj.

dK
Message 3 of 4
(4,876 Views)

A different approach would be to use the DAQmx Configure Logging.vi before you start the task. This will save the data to a TDM file. Then use the TDM Excel Add-In to visualize you data in Excel.

Ben64

Message 4 of 4
(4,849 Views)