From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Data to Excel Spreadsheet

Solved!
Go to solution

Good afternoon, 

I have written a vi that takes data from an input and writes an output based on this input. This data is graphed in a waveform graph. I then go to the front panel and manually export the data from the waveform graph to an excel spreadsheet by right clicking on the waveform graph and selecting 'export' ~>'export data to excel'. 

I was wondering if there was a better way to export the data from this waveform graph that did not involve manually saving it each time. I tried using a 'Write to Measurements File' vi, but the time format is wrong each time. 

The vi is attached below. 

Any suggestions on how to fix this? 

Best, 

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,867 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Michael.D

You can use the invoke node to do the same thing. Right click on graph >> create >> invoke node >> export data to Excel.

If you don't want the Excel window to pop up, I would just use write to delimited spreadsheet. You can get your time points from t0 and dt of your waveform.

Message 2 of 4
(4,858 Views)

You can invoke the 'export data to excel' method programmatically so you don't have to do it manually.

Check out the 'Export to Excel Right-Click Menu' section of this link.

EDIT:

See post above by gregoryj.

dK
Message 3 of 4
(4,857 Views)

A different approach would be to use the DAQmx Configure Logging.vi before you start the task. This will save the data to a TDM file. Then use the TDM Excel Add-In to visualize you data in Excel.

Ben64

Message 4 of 4
(4,830 Views)