LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Chart - Plot every n seconds

Hi, I'm relatively new to labview, and I have a fairly noob question... But I can't find the answer anywhere in the forums.

Put simply, I am using the waveform chart and want to plot my data every n seconds. Ideally I'd give the user a control to choose every 5 seconds, every 10 seconds, or every minute (depending on how long they decide to leave the program running for).

I found another thread with a link to this VI: (Absolute Time Chart-8.0.vi) although I now cannot find the original thread.

This VI is great for n samples per second. But I need the opposite of that (sample per n seconds).

I am using absolute time X plot and autoscaling.

Any thoughts / ideas on how to approach this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,099 Views)

Hi 123,

This VI is great for n samples per second. But I need the opposite of that (sample per n seconds).

This VI allows you to input a fractional number: what will happen when you input "0.2" into the "Sample per Second" control?

Or to put it in other words: when you need the inverse of "Samples per second" you might use the inverse function found in the numerics palette. Simple math…

Keep in mind: this VI is a very basic example and not at all "great" to work with very low sample rates…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,092 Views)

If you use a Wavefrom data type, the chart will plot the data on the X-axis according to the time stamp in the waveform.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,046 Views)

@Ben wrote:

If you use a Wavefrom data type, the chart will plot the data on the X-axis according to the time stamp in the waveform.

Shameless plug to expand on this thought: Sporatic Waveform Chart

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 5
(3,034 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@Ben wrote:

Shameless plug to expand on this thought: Sporatic Waveform Chart

Thank you for including that link Tim!

I went looking for a tag but came up empty. I added some more tags so maybe I will find it the next time I want to plug your nugget.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,028 Views)