LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waveform Chart Digital Display Blinks 0.00

@Ben wrote:

I was never able to come up with a example where NI could duplicate the issues.

I did yesterday morning since I started noticing the blinking "0" on one of my VIs.  It is somehow related to having a waveform data type for the chart.  I was unable to get it to reproduce with a scaler or array data type.

VI saved in 2016, but I confirmed the issue in 2018 SP1.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 11 of 21
(1,625 Views)

Hey @Crossrulz,

I also recreated this in LabVIEW 2018 SP1, so I'll go ahead and let R&D know. Is this affecting a VI you are developing?

Chase
NI Technical Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(1,580 Views)

As a followup, we have documented this in CAR 278457

Chase
NI Technical Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(1,561 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:
VI saved in 2016, but I confirmed the issue in 2018 SP1.

Curiously, [i] is always 64 when the stop occurs. Might be a hint. 😄 In fact all iterations where the zero occurs is always at the same iterations: 64, 149, 184, 231, ...). Tried no wait, 1ms or 5ms wait.

Maybe some numerologist can see a pattern 😄

blankedOut.png

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(1,547 Views)

And here's a picture if the delta(i) between zeroes. Looks like an EKG. Fully repetitive:o

blankedOutDelta.png

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(1,545 Views)

@altenbach wrote:
Curiously, [i] is always 64 when the stop occurs. Might be a hint. 😄 In fact all iterations where the zero occurs is always at the same iterations: 64, 149, 184, 231, ...). Tried no wait, 1ms or 5ms wait.

OK, this is very confusing, because it seems to depend on other factors. While the values seem to be always the same on the same computer, the result are quite different on another machine:

AMD Ryzen 1700x: 64, 149, 184, 231, etc....

Dual Xeon: 158, 189, 213, 169, 282, etc.... 

This makes no sense. I wonder if the values change after a reboot, for example. Here's the xeon pairwise difference. Note that the period is now 18 samples long. (was 13 on the AMD)

XeonDiff.png

I wonder what others are getting... 😮

Message 16 of 21
(1,519 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

I wonder what others are getting... 😮

i7-4790

chart zero.PNG

Message 17 of 21
(1,505 Views)

Shouldn't some relation to the GPU's refresh rate be expected?

Hide the chart, and you'll get a straight line.

Not sure how that's related to the type pf the data. Also, I'd expect Synchronous Display to make a difference, but it doesn't. Nor does the size of the chart. The chart history length does make a difference.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(1,482 Views)

Do things change if you run Prime95 in parallel?

Or have something else utilising the UI thread?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(1,475 Views)

Just to give this a bump...I am still seeing this bug in LabVIEW 2021.  I do think Christian is on to something.  Using the VI I posted earlier, the error always occurs on iteration 50.

NI did give us a CAR number.  But since NI no longer uses the CAR database, do we have a new Bug number to reference?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(880 Views)