LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to record an image and display it

I am using a program that runs three different cameras. I have a loop and a program that displays a live feed of the images and a loop that records the images. I have found that the loop that records the images also displays the images. I keep getting an error that says

Error: 1074360310 occurred at IMAQdx Open Camera.vi

Possible reason: NI-IMAQdx (Hex 0xBFF6900A) Camera is already in use.

How can I fix this? Should I kill the live feed and then run the recording? Should I try and blend the two loops?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,302 Views)

Share your code to get us the insight..!!

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,277 Views)

Without looking at the code this is mostly a guess but are you opening the cameras in every loop pass?  If so are you closing the loop in every pass?  The error indicates you are trying to open what is already opened.

Now's the point where we give the traditional "Show your code" chant echo. 

Wire Warrior

Wire Warrior

Behold the power of LabVIEW as my army of Roomba minions streaks across the floor!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,263 Views)

Hello,

Make sure that your camera is not selected in Measurement & Automation Explorer.  When MAX connects to the camera to get the attribute information the camera is in use by MAX.  Then see if you can run one of the Grab.vi examples that ship with Vision Acquisition Software.  You can find it in LabVIEW under Help >> Find Examples >> Hardware Input and Output and depending on your version of Vision Acquisition Software the examples should be under "NI-IMAQdx >> HL Grab.VI" or "Vision Acquisition >> NI-IMAQdx >> HL"

Regards,
Isaac S.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 4 of 4
(3,256 Views)