From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSN application

Hello
Does anyone know how I can use the WSN Host API components in the picture in Labview to transfer a message from a en end node to the gateway via a router node (using a cluster or mesh network topology) ? I've tried binding them in different ways and none of them worked.
Thank you !

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,875 Views)

I don't know if this triple post was an accident, but I'd say to keep the discussion in one, thread, preferably this one.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/WSN-application/td-p/31292

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,862 Views)

Hi kaoutar!

Is there a special reason on why you want to use the API to send data instead of the simple I/O Variables to send information from the nodes? The API is more intended to monitor and programmatic control of the wireless nodes from the host side.

Regards,

AGJ

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,834 Views)

Hooovahh I apologize, I shoudl have taken a look on the rules befor, thank you sir!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,804 Views)

agjcr,

i didn't know actually which one is more effecient, so I'm working on both, and unfortunately I couldn't make none of them work, for the I/O method it s almost done, all I need is to figure out how to configure the variable in "capture1" as a shared variable in "capture2", I have already asked this question in the forum, but i guess I wasn't clear as I should have been.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,798 Views)

Hi Kaoutar,

I might be missunderstanding what you mean be configure the variable in capture 1 as a shared variable in capture 2. If I understand correctly you want to change the indicator in capture 2 to be a shared variable and connect to that shared variable from capture 1. To do that you should just be able to drag and drop the shared variables from your project into your VI. You will then maybe need to change the access mode to write and you will be able to write to the shared variable.

I hope this helps! 

Scott B.
AE NI
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,761 Views)