LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WORM Global

Solved!
Go to solution

The GetTypeInfo vi is a Labview utility and can be found in (Labview folder)...\vi.lib\Utility\VariantDataType.  One of the outputs of this vi is called TypeEnum.  If you right click on this terminal and select Create Indicator, you will get the proper enum.  I just renamed it to Data Type Enum.

I'm glad that you found a good use for this vi.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 41 of 43
(1,973 Views)

I know this hasn't been updated in a while, but I noticed you were using error -999 for all errors.  I hate custom error codes and do my best to find existing error codes that fit the need.  For that reason I suggest using error code 1142 for when you are trying to write to data that has already been written to.  This error corresponds to "Multiple writes are not allowed."  Of course then the source string can be whatever you think is useful.  

As for when the name is blank you could use error 1599 "An empty string is not a valid method name." Not quite the same but close.

And reading data that doesn't exist could be -603 "Specified key or value does not exist"

Message 42 of 43
(1,430 Views)

Agreed. Your post made me wonder why it is that the thread hasn't been updated for a while?

Have global WORMs become obsolete due to changes in newer Labview versions? Did Labview lose popularity?

Or are WORMs just as popular as ever but simply "good enough" as is?

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 43
(862 Views)