LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice activated switch

I need to write a code so that once I say a sentence to my laptop, Labview  will switch an LED  on the screen.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,551 Views)

@sao wrote:

I need to write a code so that once I say a sentence to my laptop, Labview  will switch an LED  on the screen.

And what part of this project. Do you want help with? Go to help (toolbar), then select Find examples. Do a search for sound. That should get you started

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,547 Views)

Actually it is not a project, it is an independent task I need for Labview to do for me. I need to Labview to turn on an LED on the screen once I say a specific certain through the microphone.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,543 Views)

Actually it is not a project, it is an independent task I need  Labview to do for me.  Labview should turn on an LED on the screen once I say a specific sentence or word through the microphone.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,536 Views)

Reading the sound coming into a microphone is easy but if you want sound recognition that's a different story.  You'll have to write code that stores the sound of your voice saying a particular word, then read in a new sound file and somehow compare them.  Very possible, but NOT trivial.  I suggest you start with a simple thresholding method and just make the LED toggle whenever it detects any sound.  Then work on word recognition.

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,533 Views)