From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Studio C# Methods doesn't appear

Solved!
Go to solution

When I work with some class made on Visual Studio in a external environment (LabVIEW/Unity), the methods that i created are not visible so I can't use them.

I used to work without any problem a few months ago, I don't know what happened.

Could anybody help me with this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,430 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Rodmen

Check it isn't related to LabVIEW / Framework compatibility. LabVIEW versions earlier than 2013 only supported CLR 2.0 unless forced to otherwise via a config file change (which might be why it stopped working if you are working on another machine etc.).

Also check what's loaded into memory: http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361P-01/lvdialog/assemblies_in_memory/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,414 Views)

Did you change the method or the entire object class to be static? In that case you won't need an object instantiation but simply use the LabVIEW property or method node set to the right calls to invoke the static method or attribute call.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,384 Views)

I use LabVIEW 2015 and Visual Studio 2015 Professional/Visual Studio 2017 Community and I have tried changing the version of .NET Framework,

I used to do my classes on Visual and using them in LabVIEW without any problem, but suddenly the methods were not visible, i thought it was a LabVIEW problem

But then working with Unity, my classes methods didn't appear 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,361 Views)

Another option you could try is to create another project in your Visual Studio solution (say a Console-based one) that uses your 'suspect' project as a dependency and then try to access the same class properties and methods.

Maybe give us some example code to work with and we can provide some better suggestions. If you provide the actual assembly (.dll) file we can also probe that to see if there is anything strange going on.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,358 Views)

Someway there was some .NET libraries missing, so I searched to download again.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,289 Views)