LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visible button after two readings

This seems to be related to the topic of your original thread.

I've moved your message there so anyone reading it has the benefit of the previous conversation.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(220 Views)

@Aniketgawande wrote:

Is there any way to find out how many readings taken by numeric controller?

Means if i am taking 34,56,89 values in my numeric controller then way to indicate 3 values taken?

I assume you are talking about a numeric "control" on the front panel. (A "controller" is typically something else).

As a first step, you need to define the term "reading". If this control is inside a loop that e.g. spins at 100Hz, the control will get read 100x per second, no matter if the value changes or not. You could count how many times the value changes, but sometimes successive valid reading could be the same by coincidence. You need to define a mechanism that exactly defines what a "new reading" means. One could add an OK button to define a new reading. (start here and add a counter. If nothing else spins the loop, you can even derived the count from the iteration terminal (not recommended)). You could append each reading to an array and look at the size of the array.

Computer programs will do exactly what you want, but you need to exactly define what you actually want.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(213 Views)

Thank you for your valuable suggestions.

Yes i am using numeric controller of front panel inside a while loop. I used array method to find size but that didnt worked.

But must say all suggestions helped me a lot

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(202 Views)

@Aniketgawande wrote:

I used array method to find size but that didnt worked.

I am sure that if you show us what you tried, we can suggest how to fix it so it works. 😉

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(195 Views)