LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa write will lost some byte ?

I am using VISA Write command to write some command like 'ABCDE" to serial port which connected with another serial port of UUT. At the same time, i reack feedback from UUT.The problem is not every time the write is ok. Sometimes it seems it lose some byte. For example ,sometimes i can read back from UUT ,the response is " Unknown command ABDE". So where is the C go? i should send all ABCDE command out to UUT ,but seems the C is lost during the transmission. While when i use hypter terminal, it is very reliable ,no this problem can be seen. So what problem is Labivew ? how to fix it ? thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,226 Views)

Hello

It is not due to the VISA Write,At the time of read (VISA Read ) showing the problem. This is because of the instrument which you are using in not having the EOI( End Or Identity). Please check the manual it is supported or not And also check the timeout value, terminators(clr, clr+lf etc).

and also go through he below link.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/solartron-1250-driver/m-p/1086923#M480961

"Thanks with regards "
by
..........Gireesh..........
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,217 Views)

Not sure what EOI or the link has to do with serial communication and the problem.

Perhaps you are sending data too fast. Try a lower baud rate or adding some delay between characters as Hyperterminal does. See here.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,204 Views)