From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happened to FPGA reset?

Can someone tell me how to do a reset on a 7833R under LabVIEW 8.5?  In 8.2, I was able to right-click the FPGA target in the project explorer and click the Reset menu item to reset the hardware.  OR, I was able to go into MAX and reset the hardware.  These are both gone in 8.5 and I am wondering how I can force a hardware reset on these boards now?
Thanks,
-cb
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,179 Views)
To reset your R Series card, simply pass your FPGA reference into a method node on your real-time host VI, and set the method node to "reset".  Please let me know if you have anymore questions, thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,004 Views)

Thanks,

That helps for a programmatic solution.  However, when developing applications, it is not too hard to muck up the state of the FPGA card and is far easier to right-click the FPGA in the project explorer and select reset than to write an application do that.  Can these features be returned to the project explorer and MAX?

-cb

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,923 Views)
Thank you for providing feedback on this feature.  This option is no longer available, however I would suggest that you submit a product suggestion at our Product Suggestion Center.  Please let me know if you have anymore questions or concerns. Thanks again!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(5,899 Views)
It's kind of a clumsy workaround, but you could just write a vi that resets it programmatically, set it to run when called, and put a shortcut to it in your quick launch or something
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,894 Views)
I believe re-downloading the VI through the project will also accomplish what you want since the download process implicitly performs a reset.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,891 Views)

If I were to write a VI to reset the FPGA, would it have to run under Real Time Target cRIO > FPGA Target, or could I run it under My Computer, not on the real time target, but on the Windows side of my setup? I want to create a simple .exe file out of this VI, so the user can run it without Project Explorer or LabVIEW 8.5. Ideally, the user would simply click the icon, which sits on the Desktop, for this VI you suggest. I don't want to distribute the Project Explorer, because that would entail the user having LabVIEW 8.5 installed. Other users might not have LabVIEW installed.

Can you please tell me how to set up the exe for this Reset VI you suggest, so that it can be run without LabVIEW installed?

Thanks in advance,

BenCh01

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,861 Views)