From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa error code -1073807299

I use 4 comports in my program, 2 from computer mainboard and the other 2 from PCI com port card.

I got error from pci comport card whe visa flush/set buffer size. The error code is -1073807299.  There is no such error report on comport from computer mainboard. 

Is there anyone has such experience?  

What could be potential root cause and how can I fix it?

Thank you in advance.

Boonserm H.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,221 Views)

Help->Explain Error

That error states "Invalid buffer mask specified."  Please share your code so we can examine it and help find your issue.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,194 Views)

The whole vi file size is big so I captured only portion that error take place.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,154 Views)

I'm left to assume there is something wrong with your serial port card and/or its drivers.  Your flush VI worked just fine in my system.  But you have something from Comtrol, which I had a bear of a time getting one of their devices to work (Ethernet-Serial port hub).  And the tool you are using has a copyright of 2014, so you should see if there is an updated driver.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,129 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

I'm left to assume there is something wrong with your serial port card and/or its drivers.

That`s the point. An updated driver may solve this isse.

I also think, that VISA is doing some magic staff before or after calling the windows API function PurgeComm inside "VISA Flush I/O Buffer". Have you tried the other options ("Flush Receive Buffer (No I/O)" instead of "Flush Receive Buffer").

For "VISA Set I/O Buffer Size" try "I/O Receive and Transmit Buffer" instead of "I/O Transmit Buffer" because the windows API function SetupComm always needs both buffer sizes (receive and transmit buffer). Try much smaller buffer sizes.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,940 Views)