cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Bench Trigger Out

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have a question about Virtual Bench trigger output. I want to generate waveform and set output trigger in such a way that it triggers every cycle of the waveform. It seems that solution is straightforward: generate signal, start generation, configure trigger output to "FGEN start". The problem is that it doesn't work - signal is generated but there is no trigger output.

Has anyone any experience with Virtual Bench generating output trigger?

AlexanderKhodarev_0-1594781064208.png

measured signals. Triangle itself is generated but there is no trigger.

AlexanderKhodarev_1-1594781093793.png

www.xinstruments.com - Custom Software for Industrial Automation

www.hdrconverter.com - Picture processing made easy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(1,515 Views)

You have a race condition between the setting up of the trigger and starting the starting of the waveform.  However, still don't think it will retrigger on every cycle.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(1,475 Views)

i actually tried all combinations

1) initialize signal generation, init trigger, start signal generation

2) init sig gen, start siggen, init trigger

3) init trigger, init siggen, start siggen

also tried "reset" flag at initialization (checked both TRUE and FALSE).

effect is always the same - there is a signal and there is no trigger, not even one time.

Moreover as i understand it - there can be no race conditions - i should be able to start signal generation and assign trigger in any sequence. Sure i might miss few triggers, but at this point i just want to get any trigger at all.

I also checked that line is physically connected. When i initialize trigger line i see that signal goes to 2.8V. However once i get to VI which sets trigger line to FGEN signal goes to 0 and thats it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(1,462 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author AlexanderKhodarev

After some investigation: trigger signal is correctly generated at each cycle of waveform. However it is just about 25ns wide so it's near impossible to see using RT DIO.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,410 Views)