From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing google earth maps in labview

hello,

I am currently working on a project in which I would like to give a localisation in my front panel and visualise it on a google earth window also in my front panel.  To do that, I have the Google_Earth-KH_80 library to set the geographical position and your GE embedded.VI to import the google earth window. I have tried to mix the both but I cannot arrive to visualize google earth in my front panel. I think the reason is the use of two different librabries that work on different window reference... Can you help me? Thank you very much for your advices/help/answer...

Kastillio

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 29
(4,547 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 29
(4,517 Views)

Thanks a lot Jean-Marc,

It works pretty well but I still have a problem: The Vi works very fast at the beginning (I change navigate on the map very fastly) but after a few time (+- 40 sec) it becomes very slow.. Maybe this problem comes from the Stacked sequence structure, I don't know. Thanks for your help..

Kastillio

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 29
(4,494 Views)

Hi Guys,

Im working on a another project with requires GE to be embedded, and the VI posted here (8.5)version is very good....however, as a complete noob to LV i thought this would be a great way to save a bit of time in n otherwise very complex project...

Perhaps you chaps can point out the depth of my muppetry and help me try to sort this..

First GE Embedded works a treat..however, i grabbed the code whipped it into my frontpanel, and when it runs the GE starts up but refuses to show the window  in my front panel, if i use the GE embe.... as posted here work great....shows where it should..

So in a fit of genious (so i thought!!!!!) i transfered the whole of my frontpanle into the GE emb.... front panel from here...... it ran!!! woohoo....

VOILA!!!! it works.....superb.....

ok so i save teh whole thing down as a new name (to incorperate the 2 VI`s) while i work another part of it...

When i re-open it the GE bit deos not display again.....'Wierd'.....so i changed the name back after a bit of head scraching....

and it works....so i resolved to call it GE Emb....... then when testing another part of teh code i built an EXE....ran that.....and my word......no display again......re-built the EXE a number of times....eetc....but still no display./...

can anyone please tell me what i am doign wrong?

Why cant i re-name GE embedded? or copy the codee into my front panel?

Why if i do will it not display? (in the window that is)

Why will the EXE of the VI`s not display GE in the window when it ran as a VI???? I have all the dependencies in including the initialise?

been working on this for a few days now and its all wearing a little thin..so i thought i would ask the people who know..

I look forward to your thoughs and help.

thanks in advance..

(oh i meant to mention that im running version 8.5)

regards ,

Mike.

Dr Mike Black

Message Edited by Dr Mike Black on 10-22-2009 10:16 PM
Regards,

Mike

Dr Mike Black M.D UCAS-SYSTEMS

Flight Is Life, Autonomous Flight Is The Source
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 29
(4,426 Views)

I think the problem comes from the function "FindWindowA".  You must provide the name of the VI.  If you change the name of the VI you must upgrade this string. It will better to use a property node instead of a string constant.

Property node.jpg

Jean-Marc

Message Edited by J-M on 10-22-2009 05:42 PM
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 29
(4,416 Views)

Hi JM,

Thank you, You are a star!!!

Been staring at this for days and DID NOT SEE THAT..AT ALL  !!!!!!!!! lolol.......

Ok played with it and it works....thank you...

I cant open your V2 version in your last post as its a newer version of LV...than  mine (8.5)

ok will soldier on....

I have another question, perhaps i can ask about that when the code is in place to test.

Many thanks again.

Regards,

Mike

Dr Mike Black M.D UCAS-SYSTEMS

Flight Is Life, Autonomous Flight Is The Source
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 29
(4,412 Views)

Jean-Marc,

Would you save this to LV8.5... and post it

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 29
(4,266 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 29
(4,252 Views)

Jean-Marc

Thank you for posting the file in 8.5....it will not let me execute in 8.5 without the following sub-vi's in version 8.5. I really woud appreciate your help!

Google Earth View Extents.vi

Google Earth - Get Co-ord from screen position.vi

Google Earth - Camera Position - Write.vi

Google Earth - Camera Position - Read.vi

Google Earth - Streaming info.vi

Google Earth - version info.vi

Google Earth - initialise.vi

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 29
(4,202 Views)

The LLB came from http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=217121&view=by_date_ascending&page=3

The library is available at the post 30.

Jean-Marc

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 29
(4,199 Views)