LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Application in Real Time under Linux using LabView

Hello.
I need to make a video application in real time under Linux using LabView,and I would like to know if you can send to me technical documentation(*.pdf) to can help me to realize this application, since little details to can make work LabView under Linux. And if you have some technical information about LabView related with RT LINUX it will help so much too. Any advice will help me very much!!.Thanks for all your time.
Berenice R.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(4,426 Views)
Hi Berenice

Please see the LabVIEW for Linux product page on the National Instruments website for information on LabVIEW for Linux.

Are you new to programming in LabVIEW? If you have programmed LabVIEW on another operating system, you should
not have any trouble making the "jump" to Linux.

Currently there is a LabVIEW Real-Time Module available for Windows and MAC, but not for Linux. What type of
Real-Time target are you looking to use for your application? Are you using a PXI-Controller or
some other target? What type of video hardware are you going to be using?

With a little more information, we may be able to help you more.
Message 2 of 16
(4,397 Views)
Hello.
I used Labview some time ago, for a simple application, it was an interfase by RS232, but now I really do not know what will I use, just I know that will to provide me a graphical adapter PCI to capture the digital video from a camara, and then to can process the data.
I do not know so much about LabView, that's why I would like to get technical documentation to read it and then to know what I will need, I thought that this message will be answer by developers of LabView, that's why I did request *.pdf or something like.Thanks so much for all your help. I see that there is not to much information right now.
Berenice Ramírez.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(4,394 Views)
Hi Berenice

If you are not locked in to using Linux for developing your application, you may want to consider using the
LabVIEW Real-Time module to develop your application, and then deploy it to a Real-Time Target.

There is alot more information on the National Instruments Website:

Image Acquisition Hardware

Real-Time Software

Application Notes, Tutorials and Example Code for Image Acquisition
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(4,368 Views)
Hello.

Do you know if NI-IMAQ software (with IMAQ PCI-1408) will run under Windows XP?, the user manual just mentions that is for Windows 2000/Windows NT/Windows 98/Windows 95.
Thanks so much for help.
Berenice R.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(4,355 Views)
Berenice,

I do know that IMAQ software will run on Windows XP. I think I see where you're reading that information...the 1408 manual is dated 1999 and that was pre-XP support. The reason we haven't rev-ed up the manual is because we've officially discontinued the 1408. Now, it still works. I have one in my machine right now. We supported the 1408 in NI-IMAQ driver versions up through 2.6.3. When we went to 3.0, we upgraded support for all other supported boards and just continued the same 2.6.3 support for the 1408. The same holds true in 3.1...our most recent version of the driver.

Go to: http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/webcategories/85256410006C055586256BBB002C0D10?opendocument&node=132070_US and you can find the downloads for the NI-IMAQ driver.

Best of luck...

Jim Laudie
Applications Engineer, National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(4,344 Views)
Hi. Thanks

I did install yesterday the NI-IMAQ Software ver. 2.21, this software comes with the IMAQ PCI/1408. What do recommend me, update the IMAQ software(exactly what ver. number recommend)? or, with your experience do you think that the performance is almost the same with this version(2.21)?, I do not install still the device, so I can make some changes without so much efforts.
Thanks for your time.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(4,337 Views)
Berenice,

I'm thinking that IMAQ 2.2.1 is not supported under XP. Were you actually able to get it installed? Anyway, I'd recommend that you go ahead and install up to 3.0 or 3.1. You'll be glad in the long run if you're up with the most current software available.

Best of luck,

Jim Laudie
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(4,333 Views)
Yes, I did Install the version 2.21 under Windows XP, and it did looks like a normal running, but because I had questions I did wait for answers to install the device (IMAQ PCI-1408), then you told me that there is support under XP, but the manual was not updated, and now you tell that it does not have support, Is right what I did understand?
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(4,330 Views)
Berenice,

Sorry for the confusion. There are two parts to the equation here. The board (1408) and the driver (NI-IMAQ). The board will work in any machine that has an operating version of NI-IMAQ. So count the 1408 out of the equation. Now, NI-IMAQ will install onto XP. But I'm not sure that version 2.2.1 will. You mentioned that you were successful in getting it installed. Because we don't officially support operation of that version of the driver under XP, I'd recommend that you go to a later version of the driver. If you'll go with either version 3.0 or 3.1 you'll be able to have the correctly functioning driver under XP. Then put the board in and you're good to go.

Let me know if you have further questions...

Jim Laudie
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(4,325 Views)