From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vi logger: decimal point/comma

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using VI logger (MAX 3.1.1.3004) to acquire temperature (8 thermocouples). I have some problems when exporting the data to excel. Indeed, the decimals are separated with a comma, that excel sees as a field delimiter. Of course if I export a txt file and then open it with Excel, I can thus choose my field delimiter and once the file open I can replace all commas by dots. But this acquisition system has to be used in production, so I would rather have the direct Excel export work. If I could change the decimal comma to a dot, it would solve my problem.

By the way the tools>User preferences is in gray. Is it normal that I cannot access to it, should I have admin rigths?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,546 Views)

Hi,

You can change the country settings under the control panel, which also changes the decimal point then.

E.g. from English(U.S.) to German(DE).

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,522 Views)

Thanks for your answer.

You mean I should change the settings of Windows I suppose. But my computer is set for Switzerland and a dot is used as decimal separator. Excel and everything else work with a dot. But not the MAX and I don't find why. And if I change the computer settings to have a comma as decimal separator, then I have problems with other applications this computer is used for.

Aude

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,512 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author aude79

Aude,

Did you also change it to English(US) to see what happens? They use a dot too.

What Style do you use in the Export Settings?

What version of VI Logger are you using?

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,489 Views)

Dear Christian,

It works with the US settings! Thanks a lot for your help.

Aude

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,471 Views)
You're welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,461 Views)