LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vi for save video files

Hi, im doing a program for record videos .avi from a camera, i need to take a different number of videos sequentially.

I know the "file dialog" block but i dont know if thereis another block with wich the videos can be configured without the user having to select the path, name and more info. I mean, start with the first video called "1" or something like that and continue with the second called "2" in the same folder. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(819 Views)

Usually when you save a Video (or any other type of file, for that matter), you create a "Path", a string-like identifier that looks something like "<Drive Letter):\<Top Level Folder>\<Lower Level Folder(s)>\<Filename>.<Extension>", which might ultimately be something like "C:\My Data Folder\My Experiment #1\My Data File 001.bin" (which would be followed by "My Data File 002.bin" in the same "My Experiment #1" folder).

LabVIEW provides a special Control/Indicator type called a "Path" for holding these variables, and provides a set of functions on the File I/O Palette to help you manage them.  The Filename is typically a String, which can be built using functions from the String Palette.  For example, with a For or While Loop, you could easily use "Format into String" to built Filenames called "My Data File <i>.bin" (where <i> was the "Index" counter of the Loop (or, if you wanted to start counting from 1, you could increment <i>).

Now, if you had attached some code (in the form of a VI, not a picture of a VI, please), we could see where you were having difficulties and provide more direct suggestions ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(767 Views)

Thanks, now i understand how works the paths, but i have another problem 🤔 i want to have a video in whitch you can indicate the number of frames and these number is the iterations of the for bucle. I tried but when i see the number of frames of the video there are duplicad frames and more than the iterations.  

Thanks and i know that is another theme and i can start it if you decide.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(753 Views)

Hi

Im trying to do a Vi wich makes a video from followed frames one by one. I mean, i attach the most avanced Vi i have got. The idea is when you press the button the Vi takes the actual frame and put ir in the .avi file but when i do this and i see the video there are a lot of frames from the same image, i dont know if is a problem from the camera (fps) or from the vi.

Thanks 

pc: the way to get the path its a try and i know not all the blocks are necessary.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(762 Views)