LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Migration

Solved!
Go to solution

All great advice guys,  And --- Exactly per the LV_Upgade_Notes.pdf!  

@ the OP.  You will need and intermediary version.  Likely, LabVIEW 2014 first (installed with NI Device Drivers 14.0 with patches via Update service)  Then install LabVIEW 2017 and Device Drivers 17.1

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 22
(1,491 Views)

Thanks Folks. I appreciate the help.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(1,484 Views)

You shouldn't need to go to any intermediate versions if you are going from LV 11 to LV17.  Like Bob pointed out, do it in one step.  If you find there are issues, backtrack and try an intermediate step.  But I don't recall any changes so substantial from LV 11 to LV17 that should cause an issue.

One thing missing from this thread is this.

KnowledgeBase 3SI6TTG2: How to Upgrade or Revert a VI to a Different Version of LabVIEW

It tells what versions can open what.  But looking at it, it needs to be updated to include LV 16 and 17.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(1,468 Views)

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote:

@ the OP.  You will need and intermediary version.

No need.  2017 will open VIs written in at least as far back as 8.2.  I have not tried anything older, but I am left to assume 2017 will open LabVIEW 6 VIs.

But I did just look at the 2017 upgrade notes.  You will want to find the 2013 upgrade notes as well and those two will tell you of anything to watch out for.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(1,465 Views)
Solution
Accepted by JÞB

Hi Folks,

I copied and pasted...

Pain but it's done. I had a ticket in as well and NI says there isn't a magic button.

Thank you for all the input.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(1,460 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote:

@ the OP.  You will need and intermediary version.

No need.  2017 will open VIs written in at least as far back as 8.2.  I have not tried anything older, but I am left to assume 2017 will open LabVIEW 6 VIs.

But I did just look at the 2017 upgrade notes.  You will want to find the 2013 upgrade notes as well and those two will tell you of anything to watch out for.

Tim.  There is no version of device drivers that supports 2011 & 2017.    

Sorry, 2014 may be needed.  The OP did specifically ask for drivers.  And, that tidbit falls under the privosos in the upgrade notes.  Did you read that closely?

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(1,456 Views)

Where did the OP ever talk about drivers?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(1,446 Views)

@SPC_NH wrote:

Hi Folks,

I copied and pasted...

Pain but it's done. I had a ticket in as well and NI says there isn't a magic button.

Thank you for all the input.

What kind of magic button are you expecting?

Copy and paste seems pretty standard if you are making  backups of your files.

And using Open seems pretty magical to me.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(1,443 Views)

Jeff·Þ·Bohrer wrote:

Tim.  There is no version of device drivers that supports 2011 & 2017.

Just make sure you have the latest drivers for 2017.  The mass compile will handle the rest.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(1,420 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

Where did the OP ever talk about drivers?

I may have confused that thread with this.

If drivers are used, the same upgrade PDF points to the same information.  See upgading from 2012 or before.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(1,415 Views)