cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variably Change a 2-D Array name

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

So I have this VI that I had created and someone on here helped vamp it up big time. Thanks again for that. I have run into a snag with my program. So I have this VI that takes in arrays and places them in an xml file. I am using teststand to control a SigGen, PowerMeter, and a switch matrix so I can take a whole bunch of array measurements and place them into a singke xml file. My problem is that my xml file (when the test is completed) will have about 200 or more arrays in it. So I was hoping that I could make the 2-D array name into a variable so I can make each array unique in my xml file. That way I can eventually create another VI that takes the xml file and display the desired array. Does anyone know how to make the 2-D array name into a variable so I can change it to what I want from teststand? My VI is attached below.

Thanks,

dlovell

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,520 Views)

I think post-processing the output from the Flatten to XML may be your best bet.

Do a Search and Replace on

<Array>
<Name>2D-Array</Name>

and replace with

<Array>

<Name>variable name</Name>

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,512 Views)

Hey,

Thanks for the quick response. Do you mean replace by hand when the xml file is completed? I don't fully understand, I am new to this xml format...

Thanks,

dlovell

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,493 Views)

Something like this:

XML Replace.png

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,483 Views)

Hey Taki,

So I understand now where you are coming from. Did your VI (the picture you posted) work? I can't get the 2D-Array to change to my Var_Name (my input name)... Below is my VI that I made look like your picture.

Thanks,

dlovell

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,473 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dlovell

I didn't actually test the previously posted version.

I think my inputs to the search function aren't right.

The newline seems to be screwing it up.

Try using

<Name>2D-Array</Name>

for the search string

and

<Name>%s</Name>\n

as the Scan into String Function.

I did test a subset of this and it worked for me.

Message 6 of 7
(2,468 Views)

THANKS Taki!!!!! This was exaculty what I was looking for!!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,456 Views)