LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VRML

Solved!
Go to solution

I would like to give some suggestion about VRML and labview 3D picture control, for robot application.

1. Make your VRML model as per part, not the whole assembled unit.

2. Please do pay attention about the Origin (0,0,0) in each of the part and the XYZ axis while designing the part, because it will greatly affect your assembled model in labview.

3. If you are using Labview 8 above, study the "Sun and earth" example (Can't really remember the exact name).

4. If that is still to complicated, study the other example about rotations (the one with two red boxes).

Too bad, i don't have labview 8 now. And don't try to use 3d picture control from labview 7.1, the one that is not supported by NI, it is very limited.

Hope these help.

-Just a student-
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 56
(1,752 Views)

Hi Dear Francisco

I attach a new file for you with Labview 8.2

Please check it and tell me if you have a another problem .

I will try to solve your problem if i can.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 32 of 56
(1,742 Views)

Hi, all.

Thanks for your contributions.

I still have problems:

- Naser:
    - I send you "eslabon 8.2.vi" that is in LabView 8.2 version. One question: the "Load VRML file.vi" you use is not the same than in LabView 8.6. Is that the one you can download at

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4411, that is included in "LabVIEW 3D Picture Control Evaluation Software"?

- The example you sent me also doesn't works. At first, when I load it, there are some "warnings":
            "- Constant changed to hidden control (4 warnings)
             - Unbundle function inserted on output of File Dialog function (1 warning)"

- I select "Ignore" and the VI appears. Then I run the program, I select either "eslabon1.wrl" or "eslabon2.wrl" to load, and then it makes an error (pointing at the "Load VRML file.vi" in the Block Diagram) that says:
            "Error connecting to GPIB driver or device. This is usually due to a required driver not being installed on the system."

- I don't know, but I suppose that a possible uninstalled driver for GPIB don't have nothing to do with loading an 3d model on the 3D Picture Control.

- Nandha:
    - I tried to make a little modification on the example "solarsystem.vi" that you mean:
        - I changed the sun for a 3D model I created on Solid Edge, with similar dimensions. The result is that nothing appears instead of the sun, even if a I try to place (with the camera controller) the Earth and the Moon behind this new center object: there's nothing in the middle. And also the Moon and the Earth appear without texture. I attach you the files.

Thank you all for your interest and dedication.

Regards,

Francisco

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 33 of 56
(1,730 Views)

Hi Dear Francisco

I use "Labview 3D Picture Control Evaluation Software" in http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4411.

Please install it for your Labview and don't attention to warnings.

Please dont select "ignore" and u permission Labview to do her work.

Please use "Labview 3D Picture Control Evaluation Software" not "VRML Load.vi"

If i don't forgot, in this software you must use "Write VRML.vi" and "Read VRML.vi".

And please don't use Loop in your example.

I hope this help you

regards

0 Kudos
Message 34 of 56
(1,721 Views)

Hi, Naser, again.

I have tried the "Read VRML.vi" block (belonging to "Labview 3D Picture Control Evaluation Software" ) either in the program you send me and in another simple one I created, but the result is the same. And also without using While Loop. If I use this block "Read VRML.vi", always appear the following:

"Error connecting to GPIB driver or device. This is usually due to a required driver not being installed on the system".

I have also tried, instead of VRML files, with STL files and ASE files, and the result is the same: nothing appears in the "3D Picture Control" window.

Thanks.

Regards,

Francisco

Mensaje editado por Porras
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 56
(1,710 Views)

Hi Dear Francisco

When I install my Labview I dont install Drivers.

I dont have a GPBI hardware.

Please reinstall your Labview and if you have Labview 8.2 Please install it.

But dont install Driver when you install your Labview.

Please tell me when you do it.

regards

NAser

0 Kudos
Message 36 of 56
(1,706 Views)

Porras: Currently i don't have proper tools to check all of your files. I have only labview 8.5 (evaluation) and a vrml viewer.\

So this is just my guess:

- Either the size of the model is too big or too small

- the position is way too far from the origin, remake the model with 0,0,0 as the center of your model.

- It has something to do with the color ambient or color diffuse of the model

Try to change color parameter inside your 3d model software. Or just make it plain

hope it helps

-Just a student-
0 Kudos
Message 37 of 56
(1,689 Views)

Porras: Try this example, i put your vrml file and another vrml example.

Try to load both of them, and compare your vrml and the example.

-Just a student-
0 Kudos
Message 38 of 56
(1,686 Views)
Hi all again.

Naser:
    - I'm currently installing LabView 8.2 in my desktop computer.
    - When I have it ready, I will try your files.

Nandha:
    - At least, 3d model on Solid Edge was created in the origin (0,0,0) (Solid Edge origin).
    - Dimensions: I'm not totally sure, but magnitude orders seem to be similar, when I open "melon.wrl" and "example.wrl" (notepad, for example) and I see the values of geometric parameters are quite similar.
    - Then, I try to load your VRML file, called "example.wrl" and all I get is the following error:

"LabVIEW:  This scene is missing expected nodes or contains nodes that LabVIEW does not support.
        Method Name: Scene:Read Scene File"

It's a bit strange, it seems to be there's something wrong with the version of the VRML file. However, in both files ("melon.wrl" and "example.wrl"), I can read in the top part of the file the following:

- for melon.wrl: #VRML V2.0 utf8 Solid Edge VRML Export V1.2
    - for example.wrl: #VRML V2.0 utf8

It seems to be the same version, but their syntax are a little bit different.

I'll keep on trying to find out what's wrong.

Thanks all.

Regards,
Francisco

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 56
(1,668 Views)

Hi Fransico,

Please check the LabVIEW 8.6 Known Issues by Date file.

If your issue is not being able to load the VRML file, this was reported to R&D (138552) for further investigation.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

THanks!

Warm regards,
Karunya R
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 40 of 56
(1,656 Views)