LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello..When i'm using VISA application i'm getting error like "VISA polymorphic subVI is broken". I tried running a example VI,but even that is giving the same error. Please help..

Pls note: Right now I'm using Evaluation version of labview..

Thank you,

Sushmith 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,323 Views)

Hi  sks1990,

Which polymorphic subVI is broken?

check this:         http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361D-01/lverror/polymorphic_subvi_broken/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,315 Views)

It is not showing which VI is broken. I'm just getting error like"The Poly VI: VISA serial configure port Polymorphic subVI is broken."  This is coming even if i run example VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,311 Views)

Which example VI are you running?  There are a few...

Does the error message provide a list of VI's leading to or from the one causing the error?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,302 Views)

Hi..I'm trying with "Basic Serial write and read". 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,300 Views)

Did you install NI-VISA? You need NI-VISA to actually run the examples. You can download NI-VISA from the NI Site in the Support section.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,286 Views)

I have already downloaded and installed..It was working yesterday,but without doing any changes it started giving error messages...!!! 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,284 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sks1990

Then something corrupted your installation. Did you install something else? Did you uninstall something else? Did you install OS updates? Was there a crash. There could be a million reasons. I would suggest running a repair on your installation of whatever NI software you have installed.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,280 Views)

Thank you,will try that and come back..!!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,277 Views)

I reinstalled it and its working fine..thank you..!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,247 Views)