From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA resource can't find GPIB

Don't plug in the Agilent and toss the prologix on a shelf. Any other surprises that you should have mentioned in your initial post?
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(1,567 Views)

so I just need to install a newer version of NI-488?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(1,558 Views)
You need to install versions that have not been corrupted by the installation of the Agilent software, in my opinion. Whether you uninstall and reinstall what you had or install the latest versions is up to you. Personally, I would wipe the system of all NI and Agilent drivers and install the latest NI versions.
Message 13 of 19
(1,552 Views)

Hi, I used another computer and the NI-MAX can find the GPIB under 'devices and interfaces'.

but the problem is it is very unstable. the GPIB-USB-HS GPIB0 appears under the list for a second, and then disappear, and then appear again.

I also notice that the LED status of GPIB switches between 'Active' and 'Ready' all the time. I guess that's why GPIB appears and disappears under the finding list.

but the VISA resource name list still can't find GPIB. do I need to configure GPIB in NI-MAX first?

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(1,542 Views)
It sounds like you might have a damaged connector. There is a problem here that needs to be fixed.

As long as you have NI-VISA installed, there should be nothing else required. Did you do a scan for instruments in MAX?
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(1,535 Views)

No I can't do the scan for instruments, because the GPIB is very unstable, and the MAX keeps searching. it appears for a second and disappears in the next.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(1,518 Views)

maybe the GPIB connector is damaged? should I use another GPIB? maybe Agilent? but using Agilent GPIB in Labview seems need other configuration.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(1,517 Views)
Yes, it sounds like the USB connector is damaged.

And yes, you can try the Agilent but making that work with LabVIEW and MAX is well documented.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,510 Views)

Hi You can use Agilent 82357A USB/GPIB interface by installing Agilent lO library suite. Select  Agilent VISA as secondary. After that in NI MAX>Tools>NI VISA>Visa passport> Check NivisaTulip.dll

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,480 Views)