LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA Serial not working in exe on development machine

Hi all,

VISA Serial Read control does not work when we build exe. The exe works on another system where labview is not installed but only run-time engine is installed. The same exe does not work in the development system where the actual VI is developed, displays no error message. I have tried using the standard "Basic Serial Read Write exe" present in examples.

Steps followed:

1. Open the standard "Basic Serial Read Write" VI.

2. Build an exe.

3. Test the exe on same system, it does not read anything from the serial port, no error message.

4. Try the same exe on another system only with run-time engine, it works fine.

Any configuration settings to be done to solve this? 

Regards,

Murali S

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,822 Views)

I had to DL the VISA drivers, maybe that's what you're missing?

http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/ap/tech/pg/1/sn/ssnav:sup,catnav:du,n8:1640/lang/en

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,815 Views)

VISA Drivers are already installed, its working fine in the code, but not working when compiled to exe on the same machine.

without drivers, VISA will not comunicate even in the code.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,809 Views)
Change to another port in the system and check. Check your com port number. Check the communication settings
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,803 Views)

Also

Click the "Installer Settings" tab, click the "Advanced" button, then place a check mark in the "Serial Port Support" checkbox.

Check this kb

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,784 Views)

Don't have an answer for you that has not been discussed here, but I do have .Net serial VIs if you do not have anything else utilizing VISA in your program and you are running winXP or higher with .Net 2.0 and higher.  This would help in that you do not need to add the VISA runtime engine to your build, again only if you are not utilizing other VISA functions in your program.

Paul
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,774 Views)

here's a copy of the serial llb from my vi.lib\instr directory.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,129 Views)