From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA Read error--timeout expired

I am using an Agilent MXA N9020A Signal Analyzer and want to send a screen capture to my PC.  One of the steps involves loading the screen capture file contents from MXA local storage into memory using the MMEMORY command.  I'm getting a VISA return status of Hex 0xBFFF0015 "Timeout Expired" with the following command: MMEMORY:DATA? 'D:\TEST.PNG'.  Even with a 10000 byte file and a delay of 2 minutes the timeout persists.  I'm sure I must be missing something obvious and any help will be appreciated! 

I've attached the VI snippet.

Thanks in advance,

Nina

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,645 Views)

You should wire up the error wires between the VISA functions.

Should the commands you are sending have a termination character such as a carriage return, or line feed, or carriage return and line feed sent at the end of them?

10,000 bytes is a lot to request on the read.  Are you sure it is going to send you 10,000 bytes?  Is a termination character configured for this device that would end the read early if it received that character?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,641 Views)

Nathan--

Good points!  I'll give these a try.

Nina

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,635 Views)

Who's Nathan?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,633 Views)

So sorry...early am and I was sleepy...thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,619 Views)