LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA Error 0xBFFF00A7

In MAX I'm always getting the error 0xBFFF00A7 when I connect to my cRIO Module 9004. I checked all suggestions in this document:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5BBA8F279C449E828625739300040621?OpenDocument

but none of them worked for me. I use a crossover cable to directly connect to the cRIO and the IP-Address of my Laptop and the cRIO are correctly configured. I formatted the cRIO and reinstalled the software, but I'm still getting this error. The only thing I can imagine is still wrong is the BIOS verstion of the cRIO controller. Actually version 10.5 is installed which may cause trouble since I'm using LabVIEW 7.1. Is there a possibility to change it back to 10.1? Maybe someone has an idea what else I can try to make this error go away.

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,107 Views)
Kein,

your cRIO-9004 should be supported by LabVIEW 7.1 all right. It is important though to have NI-RIO and NI-VISA driver versions running compatible with the controller's firmware. As the current NI-RIO version 3.1.0 still supports LabVIEW 7.1 (attention, LabVIEW 8.0 is not supported anymore), I recommend installing it on your computer. Please then reboot your PC and the 9004 - with IP Rest and Safe Mode enabled - and try to connect to the controller in MAX again.

If this is successful, please re-format the 9004's drive and re-install all desired software components.

You can download NI-RIO 3.1 (which includes NI-VISA 4.4) from the following location:

http://ftp.ni.com/support/softlib/reconfigurable_io/NI-RIO%20Driver/NI-RIO/NI%20RIO%203.1/NIRIO31.zi...

Best regards,
SFK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,079 Views)

Hi,

I am having this NI VISA problem and I had read all possible threads about this NI VISA setup . I am using PXIe1082 chassis having PXIe-8135 and a few PXIe subcards. In the 8135 everything seen fine. But when now i want to remote it using ethernet, it is just detect the subcards. 

Please help. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,002 Views)