LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-Device not recognized by NI-MAX

Hi

I have a USB-DAQ system is currently work with Windows-7 OS.

But i have to upgrade my system to Windows-10,in that case the USB-DAQ device driver cant be install, because its has no digital signature.

So the NI-MAX can't detect my hardware as well as showing error in LabVIEW program when try to run the Open visa session as per below,

The NI-MAX Screen and VI's Errors were attached for reference

Please give the solution to communicate with my USB-DAQ with LabVIEW

Installed Driver Software:NI-VISA 19.5

Thank You

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,919 Views)

I guess my first question is: Why do you "have to" upgrade to Windows 10?

We have computers that still run Windows XP in our lab because of old but expensive instruments that are no longer supported. 

Second: What is the DAQ device? I am guessing it is not a NI-DAQ. 

Have you contacted the DAQ manufacturer for an updated driver?

BTW: If this is a "forced by IT" OS upgrade then put it on them to find the updated driver or set the UAC to allow installing an unsigned driver

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,873 Views)

Installing unsigned drivers is quite easy in Windows 7, but you have to jump through a couple more hoops in Windows 10. 

Here is a tutorial on how to do it: https://www.supportrix.com/kb/how-to-install-unsigned-drivers-in-windows-10/ 

Of course, this is a "do at your own risk" procedure.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,859 Views)

Thank you 

I will check the possibility u have shared,

But i am having another doubt the device was detected as a com port in NI-MAX,So there is any option to communicate with the Hardware(USB-DAQ) using com port

If i put the VISA resource name as com port name means its showing error which i have attached as per below..

so please give me the solution for it

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,799 Views)

Is this an USB-DAQ device from NI? If so it definitely can't be the COM3 port you show in the device manager. If not what device is it?

Are you sure it is supposed to be seen as a serial port device from the computer? The error you first showed about NI-VISA not being able to load a driver for the device looks like you haven't completely installed NI-VISA with all its passport drivers.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,785 Views)