From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIPM and LabVIEW 2017 for Mac and Linux

Solved!
Go to solution

This is a note of caution for any Mac and Linux users who use VI Package Manager (VIPM).  I've posted the same message here on the JKI forums.

From the VIPM 2017 release notes:
"Packages built with VIPM 2017 can only be installed on VIPM 2017 or newer. Package built with VIPM 2017 cannot be installed on versions of VIPM 2016 or older."

The problem here is that VIPM 2017 does not exist for Mac or Linux.  In fact, version 2014 is the latest available download for those platforms.  This means that any new package built with Windows cannot be installed on any non-Windows systems, effectively eliminating VIPM support for Mac and Linux.

If you use VIPM on Mac or Linux, you may want to hold off on upgrading to LabVIEW 2017 until this gets resolved.

Message 1 of 6
(4,470 Views)
Solution
Accepted by RavensFan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,190 Views)

Now for linux!

Btw , Jim - the RSS feed in your signature looks like it is about 9 y out of date.

Message 3 of 6
(4,186 Views)

@cirrusio wrote:

Now for linux!

Btw , Jim - the RSS feed in your signature looks like it is about 9 y out of date.

Yes, we want VIPM 2017 for Linux, too! 🙂

Thanks for mentioning the signature issue. I've fixed that. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,173 Views)

Thanks, Jim.  I look forward to trying it out.

Message 6 of 6
(4,119 Views)