LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI server

When I try to open a template on a FP2000 controller and want to give it a new name then I get Error 1044 with the explanation VI is locked.( But I didn't lock it)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,578 Views)
The following is just my first thought.

Try using a template (.VIT) instead of a VI.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,578 Views)
Ben,
thank you for your answer.
I tried to use a .VIT already but with the same result.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,578 Views)
Changing the name of a VI is considered an editing change in LabVIEW, that is, a change that would cause an asterisk to appear next to the VI name in the title bar. A VI that is in the RT environment cannot be edited. For a similar reason, you get a similar error (code 1000) if you try to use this name parameter from within the VI you are trying to use it on. A VI that is running (and trying to change its own name) can't do so because a running VI cannot be edited either.

Furthermore, even if remove the Name call which is causing all subsequent property node calls on the property node to not execute, your attempt to open the front panel of the template would also fail. RT front panels are to be viewed as objects that exist only on the host PC they were downloade
d from, even if the VI exists on the RT target's hard drive. User interface functionality should be done on code running on the Windows development system, and data should be transferred over the network to the host PC if needed.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,578 Views)