LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI's created from Static/Dynamic Dispatch Templates have 35 pixel minimum height

Solved!
Go to solution

So I ran across something strange and wanted to see if this was just me, or if it was happening to anyone else.

Open the attached .zip file and open PanelSizeIssue.lvclass. Open both NewVI and NewStaticVI, and try to manually reduce the window size as much as possible.

On my system, I can move NewVI to be this small:

newvi.png

Basically, the entire front panel is hidden.

NewStaticVI, on the other hand, won't get any shorter than this:

newstaticvi.png

Both VI's have the same contents; one was made from right clicking the class and selecting "New VI", the other with "New VI from Static Dispatch Template".

Both panel appearances are set to Default, and Minimum Panel Size is (0,0) on both.

I made these originally in LV2018 but have backsaved to 2016. I have reproduced this starting from scratch in 2016 as well.

Am I losing my mind with some obvious setting here? It's like the template has some minimum panel height inheritance it's getting from somewhere, but I can't figure out where. I'd appreciate it if someone could open this on their system. It's behaving the same way on LV2016/32, LV2018/32, and LV2018/64, so I assume this is some setting I've managed to overlook. Somehow, the panel size won't go below 35 pixels, even if I manually set it with a property node.

(The reason behind this, for those wondering, is I'm trying to make a very small window that's exactly the size of a cell in a table. I need the window to pop up with no borders around the control.)

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,333 Views)

I have seen that problem before. It seems that when you add an horizontal to a front panel and then remove it, the VI "remembers" to not let the front panel become smaller than the position of the former horizontal splitter.

I found out that if I add a vertical splitter and remove it, that limitation disappears.

Probably a bug?

Marc Dubois
Message 2 of 4
(2,326 Views)

Well holy crap, that worked. Thanks for the workaround! I'll mark it as solution if there's no actual solution to the bug, but for now at least it seems to have worked.

It's odd though- I never added a horizontal splitter to these VI's. They're straight from the "New-> VI from Static Dispatch" function.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,321 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BertMcMahan

If you go to <LabVIEW>\resource\Framework\Providers\LVClassLibrary and open CLSUIP_MemberTemplate.vit, add a vertical splitter, remove it, and then save, when you will create a new static or dynamic dispatch VI using the shortcut menu of a class, you will not have the size limitation anymore.

Marc Dubois
Message 4 of 4
(2,309 Views)